Persimmon and Blue Cheese Salad With Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups seasonal spring mix salad greens
- 2 small ripe Fuyu persimmons, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1. For the dressing, combine the first 4 ingredients (through sugar) in a medium bowl, and mix well. Whisk in the oil slowly. Add the lemon zest, salt, and pepper; mix well.
2. Divide the greens equally onto 4 plates, and distribute equal portions of the persimmon wedges, blue cheese, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds.
3. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, and serve.
- Prep Time: For a salad packed with nutrition and great flavors, this recipe featuring persimmons, walnuts, and a fresh vinaigrette is the way to go.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing)
|Calories per serving:||326|
|Fat per serving:||23g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||21mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||503mg|
|Calcium per serving:||198mg|