Whole-Wheat Pasta With Mushrooms
- Pinch garlic salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 sliced shallot
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package presliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced mixed mushroom blend
- 1 (16-ounce) package presliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add garlic salt to water, and cook pasta according to directions.
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick pan; sauté shallot. Add all mushrooms, and cook over medium-high heat for 5–6 minutes or until brown; turn to brown on opposite side for another 5–6 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Drain pasta. Toss in a large bowl with mushroom mixture. Add the truffle oil, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
4. Top with Parmesan and parsley; serve hot.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings
|Calories per serving:||310|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||49g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||280mg|
|Calcium per serving:||83mg|