Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Vanilla Bean
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1. Place the heavy cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, and scrape the seeds into the heavy cream. Add the cut vanilla bean to the cream. Bring the mixture to just a boil, and turn off heat. Cover pot, and let steep for 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water in a small bowl. Let the gelatin bloom while the heavy cream mixture is steeping.
3. Bring heavy cream mixture back to a simmer, and slowly whisk in melted gelatin mixture. Add buttermilk, and whisk until combined.
4. Pour into individual glasses or bowls, and gently cover with plastic wrap. Chill for about 3 hours or overnight; serve.
Prep: 40 minutes; Chill: 3 hours or overnight.
- Yield: Makes 8 serving (serving size: 4 ounces)
|Calories per serving:||179|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||43mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||78mg|
|Calcium per serving:||92mg|