White Chocolate Holiday Bark
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup oven-toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 pounds good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325Â°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Spread the sliced almonds and the unsweetened coconut in an even layer on the baking sheet. Toast 5â8 minutes or until coconut just begins to brown. Remove baking sheet from the oven, and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, rice cereal, and dried cranberries. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the mixture, and set aside.
4. Place chopped white chocolate and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large heatproof bowl, and set over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate is completely melted.
5. Remove the chocolate from heat, and fold in the almond mixture. Spread mixture evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on the reserved 1/4 cup topping. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate has completely set. Break the bark into small pieces, and serve.
- Yield: Makes 30 servings (serving size: 1 ounce)
Prep: 15 minutes; Chill: 30 minutes
|Calories per serving:||142|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||17g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||2mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||28mg|
|Calcium per serving:||59mg|