Endive Salad With Oranges and Goat Cheese
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Spanish
- 1 whole garlic head, top sliced off
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Belgian endive leaves
- 40 orange sections (4 oranges)
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces sliced Marcona almonds
- Minced chives
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place olive oil in a small roasting pan with garlic. Bake 30–35 minutes or until garlic cloves feel soft.
2. Remove from oven, and separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Process garlic cloves, vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
3. On each of 4 plates, place 5 endive leaves in a pinwheel pattern. Add 2–3 orange segments to each leaf of endive. Crumble a little goat cheese over each, and top with a few almond slices. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of the roasted-garlic vinaigrette (you'll have extra), and garnish with minced chives.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: This elegant salad recipe features endive leaves topped with fresh oranges, goat cheese, and a roasted garlic vinaigrette.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 salad and 2 teaspoons dressing)
|Calories per serving:||305|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||11g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||15g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||132mg|
|Calcium per serving:||291mg|