Champagne-Glazed Cipollini Onions
- 1 pound cipollini onions, peeled and halved, leaving root end intact
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons brut Champagne
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Arrange onions in even layer in 10-inch skillet. Stir in sugar and next 4 ingredients (through 2 cups Champagne); bring to boil over high heat. Let mixture reduce 7–8 minutes or until almost all liquid has evaporated.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking, stirring frequently for 7–8 minutes or until onions are tender and golden.
3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons Champagne to pan; scrape browned bits at bottom with spatula. Remove thyme sprig, and transfer onions to serving bowl. Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: about 3 onions)
|Calories per serving:||97|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||9g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||50mg|
|Calcium per serving:||19mg|