Sour Cream and Caviar Topped Purple Potatoes
- 12 ounces small Peruvian purple potatoes (about 16–18), halved
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 ounces caviar
1. Add potatoes and 3/4 teaspoon salt to medium saucepan; cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until just tender but not falling apart.
2. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet lined with paper towels. Cool about 20 minutes or until room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; let chill. Arrange potatoes in even layer on large serving platter. Spoon 1/2 rounded teaspoon sour cream mixture onto each potato half; top with 1/4 teaspoon caviar.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This recipe calls for Peruvian purple potatoes, which are topped with sour cream and caviar. These appetizers are quick and colorful!
- Yield: Makes 18 servings (serving size: 2 potato halves)
|Calories per serving:||31|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||21mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||116mg|
|Calcium per serving:||20mg|