Orecchiette With Brussels Sprouts and Hazelnuts
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce finely diced pancetta
- 8 ounces dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Toss sprouts with 1 tablespoon oil; arrange cut side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pancetta. Roast 18–20 minutes or until sprouts are tender.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot.
3. Add garlic to sprouts; toss well. Add sprouts, Parmesan, thyme, and a few tablespoons reserved pasta water to pasta; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Spoon into 4 bowls; sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Orecchiette is a small ear-shaped pasta that was traditionally made in southern Italy. This recipe combines it with brussels sprouts and chopped hazelnuts.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||382|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||51g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||353mg|
|Calcium per serving:||98mg|