Café Con Leche Custard Cups
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup thawed reduced-fat whipped topping
- Garnishes: chopped and whole chocolate-covered espresso beans, 100-calorie shortbread cookies
1. Combine flour and salt in a 2-qt. heavy nonaluminum saucepan. Whisk in reduced-fat milk and next 3 ingredients, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
2. Fill a large bowl with ice; place pan in ice, and whisk custard occasionally until completely cool (about 30 minutes).
3. Spoon 1/2 cup custard into each of 8 (5-oz.) cups or glasses. Top each with 1 to 2 Tbsp. whipped topping, filling completely. Scrape top with a knife to level whipped topping. Garnish, if desired.
Note: To make ahead, pour cooled custard into a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag, gently pressing out excess air (to prevent a film from forming). Seal bag, and chill up to 24 hours. To serve, snip off 1 corner of bag, and pipe custard into serving cups.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookie Crisps.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
|Calories per serving:||233|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||0.0%|
|Fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||7.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63.4mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||136mg|
|Calcium per serving:||233mg|