Jamie Oliver's Summertime Tagliarini
- 3 ounces pine nuts, divided
- Zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 large bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked, half finely chopped and half left whole (about 1 cup total)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for shaving
- 1 1/2 ounces freshly grated pecorino cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 18 ounces good-quality tagliarini
1. Smash half the pine nuts into a paste, then put them into a big heatproof bowl with remaining whole pine nuts, lemon zest and juice, chopped parsley, and olive oil. Stir, then add the Parmesan and pecorino.
Tip: The sauce should be reasonably thick—think of it as a dressing. Taste it, so you can balance the flavors and make sure it's quite zingy; as the sauce heats and cheese melts, the lemony flavor will calm down.
2. Put a large pot of salted water on to boil. Sit sauce bowl on top while water heats up—this will take the chill out. When water starts to boil, remove bowl and add pasta to pot. Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, reserving a little cooking water. Toss pasta with sauce and reserved cooking water (try 1/2 cup) to loosen it. The heat from the pasta will melt the cheese, allowing the lovely sauce to coat it.
Tip: If you find the sauce too thick, add a little more water; it should be incredibly silky, fresh, and fragrant. Have one last taste to balance the flavors. Add some Parmesan and a sprinkle of parsley; enjoy immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Make a light and flavorful pasta recipe that's perfect for a night dining alfresco with a glass of crisp white wine. Pair with French bread, and enjoy.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||444|
|Fat per serving:||25g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||13g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||14mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||417mg|
|Calcium per serving:||181mg|