- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pound hulled strawberries
1. Boil balsamic vinegar about 12 minutes or until syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 30 seconds, remove from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
3. Purée the strawberries and sugar syrup in blender.
4. Fill 10 pop molds halfway with the strawberry purée; freeze 1 hour or until somewhat firm. Top with the balsamic reduction, pour in the remaining strawberry purée, and add the pop sticks; freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1 pop)
Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 17 minutes; Stand: 5 minutes; Freeze: 4 hours.
|Calories per serving:||89|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||0.0g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||7mg|
|Calcium per serving:||15mg|