- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 plus 1/3 cup water, divided
- 12 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 (6-ounce) can thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
1. Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 30 seconds, remove from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
2. Mix 1/3 cup sugar syrup with the pomegranate juice. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1/3 cup sugar syrup, 1/3 cup water, and orange juice concentrate.
3. Fill 8 pop molds 1/3 of the way with pomegranate mixture; freeze 1 1/2 hours. Remove molds from freezer, add orange juice mixture, leaving 1 inch of the mold empty, and insert the pop sticks; freeze 1 1/2 hours. Remove pops, and add remaining pomegranate mixture; freeze about 1 hour or until firm. To reverse the color order, start with the orange juice mixture, follow with pomegranate mixture, then orange juice mixture.
Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Stand: 5 minutes; Freeze: 4 hours.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 pop)
|Calories per serving:||114|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||6mg|
|Calcium per serving:||16mg|