- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6-ounce) can thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted and divided
1. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 30 seconds, remove sugar syrup from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
2. Mix 1/4 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup sugar syrup in small bowl. Pour equal amounts of buttermilk mixture into 8 pop molds. Place molds at an angle (try tilting them in a large plastic container); freeze 1 1/2 hours.
3. Whisk together remaining 1 cup buttermilk, remaining sugar syrup, vanilla, and all but 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate (reserve for last step). Remove molds from the freezer, and add the juice mixture and pop sticks; freeze 1 1/2 hours.
4. Remove molds from the freezer, and distribute reserved 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate among the pops; freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Stand: 5 minutes; Freeze: 3 1/2 hours. If you want to skip the layers, add the total amount of buttermilk and orange juice to the sugar syrup and freeze the mixture for 3 hours.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 pop)
|Calories per serving:||131|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||31g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||2mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||42mg|
|Calcium per serving:||54mg|