Red Cabbage and Apple Salad With Ginger Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups packed shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups packed shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apple
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, plumped in hot water
- 1/4 cup toasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil, salt, and pepper; set aside.
2. Toss cabbages together in a large serving bowl. Toss apple slices with lemon juice to keep from browning.
3. Add apple, raisins, and half the sunflower seeds to cabbage. Toss with the dressing. Garnish servings with remaining seeds.
- Prep Time: Red cabbage, apples, and a kick of ginger come together for a tasty detox salad.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||215|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||20g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||119mg|
|Calcium per serving:||50mg|