Greek Salad With Grilled Chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, and quartered (about 6–8 tomatoes)
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
1. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and honey. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
2. Heat a grill pan to high. Lightly coat chicken with olive oil spray, and season with remaining salt and pepper; cook over high heat 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
3. In a serving bowl, toss tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, and half the mint with vinaigrette. Slice chicken into 1/2-inch strips, add to salad, and toss gently. Place 1 cup romaine on each of 4 plates, top with chicken mixture and remaining mint.
Postworkout salad. Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 4 minutes; Stand: 5 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad and 3 ounces chicken)
|Calories per serving:||312|
|Fat per serving:||20g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||12g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||22g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||11g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||66mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||568mg|
|Calcium per serving:||141mg|