Arugula and Blueberry Salad With Seared Red Snapper
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 cups fresh local arugula
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 16 thin slices pecorino Romano cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
1. With a very sharp knife, make shallow slashes about 1 inch apart in skin of the snapper fillets. Season the fillets on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish, skin side down, and cook for 2 1/2–3 minutes. Gently press the fillets down with a spatula to flatten while cooking. Turn fillets, and cook an additional 1–2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
2. Whisk together the vinegar, honey, Dijon, and chives in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil and water, whisking constantly. Season the vinaigrette with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and several turns freshly ground black pepper.
3. Combine arugula and blueberries in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, tossing until well combined. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Arrange 4 pecorino slices over each salad. Serve immediately with seared snapper and a 5-ounce glass of white wine, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Enjoy this unusual but delicious seafood salad that features arugula topped with blueberries, seared red salmon, and a homemade Champagne vinaigrette dressing.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 snapper fillet and 2 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||306|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||37g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||71mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||466mg|
|Calcium per serving:||205mg|