Sugar Snap Pea Saute With Free-Range Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless, free-range, organic chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas, and cook about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick sauté pan. Add the chicken to the pan; cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm until ready to serve.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the shallots, and cook, stirring frequently to keep from burning, 2–3 minutes or until limp and golden brown. While the shallots are cooking, whisk together the remaining 7 ingredients (through thyme). Add the mustard mixture and the blanched peas to the pan; stir until the peas are well coated with the dressing and heated through. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
5. To serve, arrange chicken and 1 1/4 cups of the sugar snap peas on each of 4 plates. Serve with a 5-ounce glass of white wine, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Sugar Snap Pea Saute With Free-Range Chicken Breasts is a quick and easy, not to mention healthy, yummy weeknight meal. Your family will be coming back for more!
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and 1 1/4 cups peas)
|Calories per serving:||295|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||407mg|
|Calcium per serving:||138mg|