Grilled Salmon With Charred-Corn Relish
- 4 ears shucked corn
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, plus whole basil sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
1. Prepare grill.
2. Soak corn in a large bowl of cold water for 20 minutes. Remove and pat dry. Coat corn on all sides with cooking spray, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill about 15 minutes or until charred on all sides. Remove cobs from grill, and cool slightly. Slice the kernels from the cobs, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, and sliced basil; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Let the relish sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
3. Meanwhile, lightly coat both sides of salmon fillets with cooking spray; season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place fillets skin side down, and grill 3–4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip fillets, and grill for 3 more minutes. Fish should feel slightly firm in the center and will register 145° on an instant-read thermometer. Place salmon onto each of 4 plates, and spoon relish over top. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Fire up the grill and prepare to make a memorable salmon recipe. Don't skip the corn relish; it adds a pop of color and a smoky flavor to the main dish fish recipe.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 salmon fillet and 1 1/2 cups relish)
|Calories per serving:||341|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||72mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||286mg|
|Calcium per serving:||32mg|