Watermelon, Feta, and Grilled Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (21–25 count)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mint, divided
- 4 cups arugula
- 8 (4-inch) seedless watermelon wedges
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
2. Toss shrimp with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Lightly spray grill or grill pan with olive oil spray, and cook shrimp about 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a plate to cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and more pepper to taste. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. In a medium bowl, combine red onion and 2 tablespoons mint. Add dressing, and toss gently. To serve, place 1 cup arugula on each of 4 plates and top with 2 melon wedges and 1/4 of the onion-mint mixture; sprinkle with equal amounts of feta, top with about 6 shrimp, and garnish with some of the remaining fresh mint. Serve immediately.
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 4 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 6 shrimp, 1/4 of the watermelon mixture, and 1 cup arugula)
|Calories per serving:||273|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||17g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||193mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||728mg|
|Calcium per serving:||223mg|