Grilled Steaks With Horseradish Sauce
- 4 (4-ounce) sirloin steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 6 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1. Remove steaks from the refrigerator, and let sit, covered, at room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.
2. Meanwhile, combine oil and garlic in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Whisk together sour cream, horseradish, chives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
5. Brush each steak on both sides with 1 teaspoon garlic oil, and season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place steaks on the grill, and cook over high heat for 4–5 minutes, brushing with the oil every minute or so until golden brown and slightly charred. Turn the steaks over, and continue grilling for 5–6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 145° (medium-rare).
6. Transfer steaks to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with horseradish sauce on the side.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 11 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak, 1 tablespoon sauce)
|Calories per serving:||309|
|Fat per serving:||19g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||80mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||372mg|
|Calcium per serving:||120mg|