Veggie Sausage-Cheddar Frittata
- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 (1.3-ounce) frozen vegetable protein sausage patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
Place a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped bell pepper and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add sausage, salt, and pepper; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute.
Combine egg substitute and half-and-half; carefully pour over sausage mixture. Cover and cook 6 minutes. (Frittata will be slightly moist on top.) Sprinkle with cheese.
Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Vegetable sausage is easier to crumble if you microwave it at HIGH for 15 seconds.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
|Calories per serving:||184|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||5.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.4g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||10.4g|
|Fiber per serving:||3.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||588mg|
|Calcium per serving:||154mg|