- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons spicy herb blend
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen gumbo vegetables mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped onion
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place flour in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak cubes. Seal and shake to coat. Remove steak from bag; set aside.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak, and cook until browned on all sides.
Place steak and remaining ingredients in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
Reduce heat to low; cook 6 hours or until meat is done and vegetables are tender.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Slow-cooking top round steak with tomatoes, garlic, onion, and Worcestershire sauce creates a succulent soup full of tender beef. This soup is sure to please the whole family.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||248|
|Fat per serving:||5.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||4.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||49mg|
|Iron per serving:||2.7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||587mg|
|Calcium per serving:||26mg|
Good to Know
Serve this protein- and fiber-rich soup on a cold day. Add whole-grain crackers or a multi-grain roll to soak up the thick soup.