Spicy Asparagus-Tempeh Stir-Fry
- 3/4 pound asparagus spears
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package multigrain tempeh (such as White Wave Five-Grain), thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cups hot cooked instant brown rice
Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut spears diagonally into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
Combine vegetable broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh, and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Remove tempeh from pan; set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in same pan. Add garlic, red pepper, asparagus, and mushrooms to pan, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Add tempeh, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over brown rice.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup stir-fry and 3/4 cup brown rice)
|Calories per serving:||390|
|Calories per serving:||33%|
|Fat per serving:||14.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5.6g|
|Protein per serving:||18.6g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||49.4g|
|Fiber per serving:||8.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||745mg|
|Calcium per serving:||104mg|