Snapper with Tomato-Caper Topping
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper or grouper fillets (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Preheat oven to 450º.
Combine first 6 ingredients and crushed red pepper, if desired; set aside.
Place snapper on a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Sprinkle snapper with paprika; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 450º for 10 minutes.
Top snapper with tomato mixture; bake 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Halibut, sea bass, redfish, or pompano will also work well in this recipe.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/4 cup topping)
|Calories per serving:||215|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||21%|
|Fat per serving:||4.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.1g|
|Protein per serving:||36.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5.8g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||391mg|
|Calcium per serving:||85mg|