Sirloin Tips with Vegetables
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin tips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons tomato, basil, and garlic seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle sirloin tips with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add beef to pan, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium-high. Add onion and peppers to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water; cook 1 minute.
Add beef to onion mixture; sprinkle with seasoning blend and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add 1/4 cup water to pan; bring to boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. If you can't find precut sirloin tips, have the butcher cut a trimmed sirloin steak into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||240|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||32%|
|Fat per serving:||8.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Protein per serving:||33.4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6.3g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||92mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||370mg|
|Calcium per serving:||18mg|