Roasted Asparagus on Parmesan Polenta
- 2 pounds asparagus spears
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (8-ounce) package whole mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
Preheat oven to 500°.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut spears into thirds.
Combine asparagus, onion, and mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss gently. Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until roasted.
Combine 3 cups water and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
Stir cornmeal into remaining cup of water. Add cornmeal mixture to boiling water, stirring constantly. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
Sprinkle vegetable mixture with chives and lemon juice; toss gently. Serve over polenta.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup vegetables and 2/3 cup polenta)
|Calories per serving:||321|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||27%|
|Fat per serving:||9.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||42.3g|
|Fiber per serving:||8.7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.8mg|
|Sodium per serving:||557mg|
|Calcium per serving:||252mg|