- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) carton egg substitute
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat a medium (10-inch) ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add Chicken-Vegetable Toss and tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes.
Combine egg substitute, eggs, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add egg mixture to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes (do not stir). Sprinkle cheese over egg mixture, and place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until set. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Cut into 4 wedges; serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: A cast-iron skillet is ideal to use for this recipe. To ovenproof another type of skillet, (preferably one without a plastic handle) wrap the handle tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
|Calories per serving:||149|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||34%|
|Fat per serving:||5.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||17.6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6.8g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||128mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.9mg|
|Sodium per serving:||586mg|
|Calcium per serving:||142mg|
Good to Know
Veggie frittatas, like this recipe, are a protein-packed way to get a variety of vegetables into your diet. Choose fat-free cheese to cut out extra saturated fat. Serve with whole-grain toast for a complete breakfast meal.