- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup water
Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Combine olives, tomato, parsley, cheese, 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Coat chicken with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 2 teaspoons fresh oregano.
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a serving plate; keep warm.
Add water to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Pour mixture over chicken. Top chicken with olive mixture, and serve with orzo.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 3/4 cup orzo, and 2 tablespoons olive mixture)
|Calories per serving:||354|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||17%|
|Fat per serving:||6.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||33.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37.2g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||74mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||634mg|
|Calcium per serving:||85mg|
Good to Know
Mediterranean diets, like this dish, have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and keep people thin. Rich in flavor and in nutrients like monounsaturated fat and protein, this dish will satisfy your taste and your hunger.