- 1 tablespoon 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeño peppers (optional)
Sprinkle taco seasoning over both sides of chicken.
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
Add chicken to pan, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
Remove chicken from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with jalapeño slices, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: To crank up the heat in this dish, top each piece of chicken with sliced jalapeños.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half)
|Calories per serving:||186|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||29.7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||1.8g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||81mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.8mg|
|Sodium per serving:||294mg|
|Calcium per serving:||114mg|