Ham and Cheese Chicken
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce very thinly sliced lean cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon reduced-fat garlic-flavored cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash of paprika
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin. Sprinkle with pepper.
Place one-fourth of ham on each chicken breast half. Spread cream cheese evenly over ham. Roll up chicken, starting with short end and tucking ends under. Secure with wooden picks.
Combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken rolls in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place, seam sides down, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine margarine and lemon juice; drizzle over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until tender. To serve, remove wooden picks, and slice.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half)
|Calories per serving:||245|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||0.0%|
|Fat per serving:||7.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||37.7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4.5g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||101mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||259mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|