Grilled Vegetables with Potato Cakes
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 4 small portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 1/2 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Reheat Potato Cakes according to recipe instructions on page 105.
Cut squash lengthwise into 4 slices each. Sprinkle squash and mushrooms with pepper, and coat with cooking spray. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat. Chop squash; set aside.
Pour pasta sauce into a 2-cup glass measure. Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 1 minute.
Place mushroom caps on plates; top each with a potato cake. Spoon squash over potato cakes. Top each with pasta sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Use any combination of yellow squash and zucchini to get 3 cups of chopped squash. Grill the squash and mushroom caps while the potato cakes reheat.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 portobello cap, 1 potato cake, 3/4 cup squash, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, and 2 tablespoons cheese)
|Calories per serving:||225|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||19%|
|Fat per serving:||4.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.1g|
|Protein per serving:||10.7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||6.8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||2.1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||751mg|
|Calcium per serving:||226mg|
Good to Know
Potato pancakes, usually fried, can be high in fat. But topped with vegetables, you can enjoy a potato pancake treat, with the benefits of veggies like antioxidants, fiber, vitamin E, and vitamin A.