Deep-Dish Taco Pizza
- 1 pound ground round
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°.
Cook beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomatoes and seasoning; cook over medium-high heat 1 minute or until thoroughly heated; set aside.
Unroll pizza crust dough. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon beef mixture over pizza crust dough.
Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts and edges of crust are browned. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: This family-pleasing dish is a cross between a pizza and a casserole, and guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||306|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||9.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.2g|
|Protein per serving:||27.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25.6g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||57mg|
|Iron per serving:||2.9mg|
|Sodium per serving:||693mg|
|Calcium per serving:||183mg|