Curried Lamb and Carrots
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
Place carrot and onion in a 4-quart electric slow cooker.
Place flour in a zip-top plastic bag; add lamb. Seal and shake to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat with cooking spray; add lamb, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Place lamb, cider, and next 6 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours. Remove lid, and stir mixture.
Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Serve the lamb with additional chutney, if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup lamb mixture and 3/4 cup couscous)
|Calories per serving:||447|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||18%|
|Fat per serving:||8.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||60.2g|
|Fiber per serving:||5.7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||773mg|
|Calcium per serving:||60mg|