Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup "measures-like-sugar" brown sugar calorie-free sweetener (such as Brown Sugar Twin)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup finely crushed sugar-free peppermint candies (about 30 candies)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Beat margarine with a mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugar and sweetener, beating well. Add egg substitute and vanilla; beat well.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Add to margarine mixture, stirring just until blended. Stir in crushed candy. Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Roll into balls; place balls, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten balls with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool on wire racks.
- Yield: 38 servings (serving size: 1 cookie)
|Calories per serving:||70|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||0.0%|
|Fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1.2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||90mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
By mixing sugar with calorie-free sweetener, these cookies have just the right amount of sweetness. Plus, the peppermint flavor will be a hit at any holiday party.