- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons "measures-like-sugar" calorie-free sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; add blueberries, and toss to coat. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
This might be a diabetic recipe but these blueberry muffins have lost none of their flavor. A sweet breakfast treat or snack anyone would love.
- Yield: 1 dozen (serving size: 1 muffin)
|Calories per serving:||142|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||0.0%|
|Fat per serving:||5.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||20.3g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||19mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||145mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
Making your own muffins is a good way to side step the extra fat and calories that store-bought muffins have. Serve these breakfast treats warmed with a thin layer of SmartBalance buttery spread for a boost of omega-3 fatty acids.