Black Forest Trifle
- 1 (8-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet 'N Low)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries
- 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sugar-free chocolate curls (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using 3/4 cup water. Let cake cool in pan; remove from pan, and cut into cubes.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups fat-free milk; chill at least 30 minutes.
Thaw cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine cherries, juice, and food coloring.
Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired (chocolate curls not included in analysis). Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Make a reduced-sugar trifle using sugar-free chocolate cake, sugar-free pudding, frozen cherries, and whipped topping. This classic make-ahead layered dessert is ideal for entertaining when you have guests that need to reduce their intake of sugar.
- Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||132|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||0.0%|
|Fat per serving:||1.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3.3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||28.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||151mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|