- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2.5-ounce) package cooked bacon pieces (such as Hormel)
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add bacon bits; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomato, garlic, and oregano; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
Add pasta, reserved pasta water, salt, and pepper. Stir well, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: If you can't find a package of cooked bacon pieces, buy a package of precooked bacon, and chop 8 slices.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||301|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||32%|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||14.4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||21mg|
|Iron per serving:||2.1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||745mg|
|Calcium per serving:||81mg|