Seared Ahi Tuna Salad With Fresh Snap Peas
- 4 (6-ounce) sushi-grade ahi or yellowfin tuna steaks*, about 1-inch thick
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Rub tuna steaks with 1 teaspoon olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. For the dressing, combine lime juice, honey, remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, sesame oil, ginger, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl; whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna; cook 3 minutes without disturbing. Turn and cook 2 minutes more or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board; slice into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
4. Place 1 1/2 cups greens on each of 4 plates. Top each salad with 1/4 of the sliced tuna. Add even amounts of snap peas, scallions, and sesame seeds. Drizzle evenly with dressing.
*Choose ahi or yellowfin tuna over bluefin tuna: Recent reports have found unsafe levels of mercury in bluefin.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Seared tuna is served with salad greens, snap peas, and a homemade dressing. This dish is ready in 20 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight meal.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/4 of salad)
|Calories per serving:||360|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||43g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||65mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||337mg|
|Calcium per serving:||112mg|