Lime-Glazed Angel Food Cake
- 2 tablespoons frozen unsweetened coconut flakes, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, divided
- Dash of salt
- 1 (10-inch) round angel food cake
- 4 large mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet; toast about 5â7 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
2. Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon water, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon lime zest, and a dash of salt in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Pour glaze over cake, sprinkle with the toasted coconut, and let stand 10 minutes or until glaze is set. Stir together mango, granulated sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon lime zest in a large bowl.
3. Use a serrated knife to cut the cake into wedges. Arrange on dessert plates with the mango slices on the side.
- Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
Prep: 10 minutes; Stand: 20 minutes. Start with a store-bought angel food cake, or go to Health.com/angelfood for a homemade cake recipe.
|Calories per serving:||172|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||41g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||214mg|
|Calcium per serving:||47mg|