Chocolate Chip Pavlovas With Raspberries and Apricots
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 apricots, pitted and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 4 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 200°. Trace 4 (3-inch) circles onto 2 sheets of parchment paper (8 circles total), leaving 1 inch between. Place paper onto baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with mixer on medium speed just until foamy. Increase speed to medium-high, add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until egg whites form soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat just until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
3. Starting at the center, spoon meringue onto the circles, using 1/2 cup per circle. Use a spoon to press in center of each meringue to shape it into a nest.
4. Place 1 baking sheet on the middle oven rack and 1 on the bottom. Bake for 1 hour or until set, switching sheets halfway through. Turn off heat; let cool in the oven 8 hours or overnight. Pavlovas will be crisp on the bottom.
5. Combine fruit mixture and remaining 2 teaspoons sugar in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Top each meringue with 1/2 tablespoon yogurt, then fruit. Serve immediately.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 1 hour; Stand: 8 hours or overnight.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 pavlova)
|Calories per serving:||132|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||99mg|
|Calcium per serving:||25mg|