Denis Leary's Zesty Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 16 chicken wings, each halved at joint and with tip removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire
1. Combine first 8 ingredients (through lemon zest) in a large bowl, and whisk until combined. Pour over wings, transfer to a zip-top plastic bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1–4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 425°.
3. Line a baking pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray; set aside.
4. Mix together Parmesan, parsley, and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat wings in breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared pan.
5. Bake on lowest oven rack for 20 minutes, then turn and cook for 10 more minutes.
6. While wings are baking, combine dip ingredients in a small bowl. Serve the wings with the dip.
Marinate: 1–4 hours; Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 35 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 4 wings, 2 tablespoons dip)
|Calories per serving:||295|
|Fat per serving:||19g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||64mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||337mg|
|Calcium per serving:||141mg|