Spanish Shrimp and Farfalle
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, plus 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
1. Cook farfalle according to package directions; drain.
2. Toss shrimp with cumin, salt, and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side; remove from skillet.
3. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in skillet. Add onion, thyme, and cinnamon; cook until onions are soft, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high and add orange juice, vinegar, tomatoes, and olives; cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp and remove from heat. Toss with farfalle and orange zest, and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Farfalle pasta and shrimp come together with an orange sauce to create an easy and satisfying meal.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||417|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||28g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||53g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||168mg|
|Iron per serving:||6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||870mg|
|Calcium per serving:||84mg|