Curried Rice Salad
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 (8.8-ounce) packages microwavable brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place almonds in even layer on baking sheet. Toast until lightly golden, 5–7 minutes. Cool.
2. Microwave the rice according to package directions. Combine hot rice and next 4 ingredients (through scallions) in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Toss rice salad with curry mixture until well seasoned. Stir in toasted almonds and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Turn microwave brown rice into a hearty salad by adding almonds, raisins, grapes, celery, and curry powder.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||310|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||50g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||163mg|
|Calcium per serving:||52mg|