Mariska's Joyful Heart Fudge Chip Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semisweet dairy- and gluten-free chocolate chips (such as Sunspire)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 8 paper liners in muffin tin; coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine applesauce and next 4 ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the next 6 ingredients. Add oat mixture to applesauce mixture; stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20–22 minutes, rotating the pan a half-turn after 10 minutes. Muffins are done when tops are firm to the touch.
4. Cool slightly. Top with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Yield: Makes 8 muffins (serving size: 1 muffin)
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||154|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||331mg|
|Calcium per serving:||86mg|