Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Tacos
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cooked
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 medium diced peeled avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa verde
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips (about 1 pepper)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Combine shrimp, beans, scallions, and avocado. Season with pepper. In a separate bowl, stir together the salsa, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss shrimp mixture with 1/4 cup salsa mixture.
2. Arrange tortillas on a microwave-safe plate in batches of 2. Place a damp paper towel over the tortillas and microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds.
3. Arrange 3–4 pepper strips in the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup of the shrimp-and-bean mixture. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the salsa verde mixture over each taco. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
Here's a tip for this delicious taco dish - buy shrimp already steamed at the market.
|Calories per serving:||453|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||58g|
|Fiber per serving:||13g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||166mg|
|Iron per serving:||7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||772mg|
|Calcium per serving:||202mg|