Hoisin Chicken With Soba Noodles
- 1 pound frozen, fully-cooked grilled chicken breast strips (such as Perdue)
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 teaspoon spicy hot mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes or until heated through.
3. Add soba noodles to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes; drain well.
4. Whisk together the next 4 ingredients (through mustard). Add the chicken, carrots, and scallions to the sauce mixture.
5. Toss the hoisin-chicken mixture with the noodles until well coated. Divide noodles and chicken among 4 plates; sprinkle peanuts on top.
Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes. Get your water boiling faster by filling your pot with hot water.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces chicken and 1/4 of the cooked noodles)
|Calories per serving:||512|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||50g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||60g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||97mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||809mg|
|Calcium per serving:||59mg|