- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus (about 4 ounces), trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded pecorino Romano cheese, divided
1. Arrange oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in an 8-inch, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the asparagus. Cook in skillet for 2 minutes more.
3. While the mushrooms are cooking, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, chives, parsley, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the cheese in a medium bowl. Add the remaining teaspoon oil to the pan, stirring the vegetables to coat. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms and asparagus and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, running a rubber spatula around the edges of the pan to keep the eggs from sticking.
4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the egg mixture and broil it for 2 1/2–3 minutes or until frittata is golden brown and lightly puffed. Remove the frittata from the skillet, cut into 4 pieces, and serve it immediately.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 of the frittata)
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||129|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||2g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||116mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||331mg|
|Calcium per serving:||104mg|