Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package goat cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces gourmet salad greens
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sliced apples, such as Granny Smith (about 1/2 pound)
- 6 pieces rosemary flatbread
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients in a shallow pan. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small dish and brush each goat cheese slice with oil. Dredge each slice in breadcrumb mixture, and place on a baking sheet, leaving 1/2 inch between slices.
2. Bake for 8–10 minutes. Remove from oven. While the cheese is baking, toss greens with vinegar, apple slices, and remaining teaspoon olive oil in a large salad bowl.
3. Transfer to 6 salad plates. Top each plate of salad greens and apples with 2 goat cheese medallions. Serve with flatbread while cheese is warm.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Dredging goat cheese in a breadcrumb mixture and baking creates a wonderful crust with a warm melted center. Perfect way to spruce up your salad greens!
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 ounce greens, 1/4 apple, 2 cheese medallions)
|Calories per serving:||287|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||12g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||40g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||22mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||551mg|
|Calcium per serving:||117mg|