Broiled Salmon With Orzo
- 4 ounces uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup), divided
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cook orzo in a medium saucepan according to package directions, omitting salt and stirring in peas after 7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and season with salt, to taste. Spread the salad dressing evenly over the salmon. Broil 4 inches from heat source 6–8 minutes or until opaque in center. Sprinkle half of the scallions over the salmon.
4. Drain orzo and peas; return to same saucepan. Stir in oil and remaining scallions, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, both to taste; serve with salmon.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. You'll need 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil for the orzo.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and about 2/3 cup orzo)
|Calories per serving:||347|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||32g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||28g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||72mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||360mg|
|Calcium per serving:||34mg|