- Calories per serving 349
- Fat per serving 9g
- Saturated fat per serving 3g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving 1g
- Protein per serving 23g
- Carbohydrate per serving 46g
- Fiber per serving 14g
- Cholesterol per serving 29mg
- Iron per serving 5mg
- Sodium per serving 296mg
- Calcium per serving 118mg
How to Make It
Wash beans thoroughly, soak overnight, and drain.
Place beans in slow cooker. Add water and next 7 ingredients.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours, till beans are tender.
Brown the meat well in a frying pan for 8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Then add the steak, peppers, corn, tomatoes, and salt to the beans, and cook an additional 30 minutes. If desired, add more chipotle chili powder for more heat.
Garnish with low-fat sour cream, if desired, and the fresh chopped cilantro.